Wednesday, September 17, 2008

TBC East-West Challenge Ends in a Draw

Photo: The scoreboard showing the results of the East-West Challenge. Had to wait a long time for the final team to come in from the course. For the East squad, it was time well spent as Easterners Vic Wallace and Don Hogle fashioned a 2.5 to .5 win over West guys CV Burgess and John Bloom to draw the squads to dead even.

TBC Challenge Comments

Yesterday's 18 hole TBC Challenge at Country Oaks ended in a tie between the East and the West teams. The teams played six holes scramble, six holes best ball and then six holes of alternating shot to conclude the TBC schedule for the year. East teams Jack Nickless and Morris Cornelius along with Vic Wallace and Don Hoagle managed to beat their opponents from the West by a combined score of 3 points to offset the shellacking that Mike Bird and Junior Byron took at the hands of Phil Culver and Tony Burnside. The other three foursomes played to a 'coulda-stayed-in-the-clubhouse-and-drank-coffee' break even tie in their matches.

5 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

Unknown said...

thank you so much for visiting my site and leaving a nice comments! Hope you have a wonderful day today!

Tess (life is beautiful)

Marie Reed said...

I love golf:) I crashed a golf cart when I was 15 yrs old too!

kazu said...

Thank you so much for your comment!
Your blog is nice!
It's still such figure in the japanese country!

Unknown said...

My name is Franklin Colletta, from Fort Pierce. I recently completed an instructional video called Over the Top Golf. Rather than attempt to teach golfers how to cure the "over the top" move that most golfers make, I teach them how to swing over the top correctly. The advantage is that a golfer can use his own comfortable golf swing and adding a few adjustments, hit the golf ball farther and dead straight almost right away.

I have taken lessons. I was working with a teaching pro a few years ago trying to improve my game but wasn't diligent about either taking lessons more regularly or practice. So every time I did come back for a lesson, my old bad habits-along with a few new ones-had returned. Finally, in despair, I told him I'd had enough and that I was going to find a way to hit straight shots consistently using my own swing. I accepted the fact that I am one of the 80%+ who swing from over the top and always will. It was time to make the best out of a bad situation and did we ever!

I hope to make your acquaintance one day. It will be my pleasure to show you a swing that anyone from a beginner to an old duffer like me can actually do. When you see the setup and mechanics you won't believe they could produce a consistently straight shot with some pace on it but after I hit ten balls you'll realize that they do.

Take care,

Franklin Colletta
www.overthetopgolf.com